Stay up-to-date with new materials, events, and the latest in your library's news

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Book Review - "Chocolate Cows and Purple Cheese..." by Tom Hernandez


Our book discussion group was fortunate to have Tom Hernandez, author of "Chocolate Cows and Purple Cheese and Other Tales from the Homefront" speak at our meeting last week. Tom's book is a true gem in today's changing world; he helps us remember that family is still one of the most important aspects of our lives.

Tom is a columnist for a local Plainfield paper, and "Chocolate Cows..." is a composition of his essays from the past ten years or so. He writes with humor and grace, offering tidbits of wisdom and advice that he's accumulated as a son, husband, and father. Even though I am not any of those three, I certainly identified with many of his tales. I often found myself smiling to myself as I recalled my own experiences as a mischievous child to an exasperated parent or having to retake the driving test and blanking on what road sign is what.

Because of the shortness of each essay, this book is great for reading each morning during breakfast, on the road, or even just for a few minutes when your busy life gives you time. Check out a copy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment